Sunday, October 9, 2016

Mission Call

We opened our mission call on Saturday, July 23, 2016 while traveling to Idaho.  The call was delivered to our home in Utah, so Katelyn (our daughter) placed it on the scanner at home so I could log into my home computer remotely from Idaho and scan it in.  I then transferred the file to my laptop in Idaho so we could read it.

We were able to have most of the family (technical issues) on a conference call when we read the call from President Monson.  We could hardly believe it when we read that we had been called to serve in the Singapore mission.  We both were unsure where it is located.  Nelwyn even asked "is that in Japan?".  I (Mike) had to admit that I did not know.  The mission not only includes the island of Singapore but also the country of Malaysia.  The map below shows you where Singapore is located.

We are very excited to receive our call and that we have until October 24th before we report to the MTC (Missionary Training Center) in Provo, Utah.  This will give us plenty of time to prepare and to visit family.

No comments:

Post a Comment